Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So I guess Within the Ruins are playing Summer Slaughter too

Well, shit. I was really hoping for something better than this, but at least now we finally know the full lineup for this year's Summer Slaughter. Earlier today, Metal Injection announced that the Sumeriancore posterboys Within the Ruins somehow won the poll for the opening slot of the Summer Slaughter Tour, alongside The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Six Feet Under, Dying Fetus, Fleshgod Apocalypse and more. Don't get me wrong, Within the Ruins are talented and all, but they get old fast, and you know as well as I do that they ain't shit compared to all the other not-boring bands that I just mentioned. It just goes to show ya, metal these days is pretty much just a popularity contest, but at least there are plenty of other badass bands on the bill to counter the breakdowns. Check out the tour dates here, and be prepared to deal with a lot of douchebags for short periods of time at the shows, because I can already tell that's what's going to happen, just like last year. And the year before that... and the year before that. Oh well, I'm sure you can handle yourself. Take care everyone.

-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment