Monday, February 21, 2011

Interview: Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka- Decapitated



I know, I know. We only did two things last week, and I'm just now doing the first article of the week at ten-thirty at night. I'm sure you're getting impatient with us by now, so to make up for it, here's one of the interviews I've been dying to get to for a while now, with none other than Vogg, guitarist for Polish death metal heavyweights Decapitated.

Hey man, thanks for taking some time to talk to us, I'm sure you're schedule is pretty hectic right now. For those who don't know, tell us what you guys have been up to lately, any cool tours going on that we should know about? 

Hey man.Right now we are finishing process of writing songs for new album.We have some plans for tours for this year but it needs some time for confirm this.

So what's the story with the new album, you guys are supposed to be going into the studio soon, right? How's the writing going and all that, and when do you think we can expect to hear the new material? I know tons of people (myself included) can't wait to hear what you're going to do next. 

As I said before the album is almost ready and we can't wait to go to studio.We will start at 10 of February in RG STUDIO. First time since 1997 we will work together with Arek "Malta"Malczewski and that's fucking great!! Also we will work with Daniel Bergstrand (Meshuggah, Strapping Young lad, Dimmu Borgir) who will prepare drum sound and make mix of the new album!!! New songs are different than stuff we've recorded before and I don't want to talk too much about that. Its metal for sure, and it will be fast material. And of course that will be the best album of the year :)


As I said in the last article I did about you guys, Decapitated have always been a very forward-thinking band, and every album has been different from the last. Was this intentional or did it just happen on its own? Do you guys have a specific mindset or process when it comes to songwriting, or do you just do what comes naturally?

It was always a natural process that every album sounds different, I don't know why it is like that, it just happened. For me it's very cool because it seems that fans can always get some kind of surprise and for sure they will never get  bored about the band. New album will be different as well :)

I was lucky enough to see you guys last summer on the Summer Slaughter tour, what did you think of your reception with the new lineup, considering that a lot of your tour mates were bands that are more new-school deathcore (All Shall Perish, Veil of Maya, etc.)? Basically, was there more actual moshing or a bunch of dumb kids in basketball shorts who just wanted to fight the air, because I saw plenty of those douchebags throughout the night. 

This tour was very cool and so successful. For me it's not a problem with who I play with and how they look like. Most of those bands and people were very cool and we had a good time together. As I said the tour was a success and almost every show was sold out. This tour gave us a lot, I mean for the band, because we did 33 shows and that was really good practice with the new lineup.

 Speaking of touring, when do you think we can expect to see Decapitated again in the US?

Probably autumn 2011, that will be after the new album releases so you can expect a new setlist for sure. At this moment we are planning this with our agent in the US. 

What would you say the best tour you've ever done was, whether it was because of the bands you played with or just really strong crowd response?
 
There were a lot of tours, I cant tell which one was "best one". Last year we did a tour with Behemoth and that was awesome!!

Well I think that should just about do it, thanks again for taking the time to chat with us. Anything else you wanna say to the readers before we wrap this up?

Thanks for the interview, thanks for the people who support us in every way!!
 
-Vogg
 
Autumn of this year folks, keep those calendars free. Many thanks to Vogg and everyone else in Decapitated, can't wait to hear the new tunes. Leave your thoughts below, and tune in tomorrow for more goodies.

-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment