Monday, February 7, 2011

R.I.P. Internal Fear (2008-2011)



I'm sure most of you don't know anything about the next band I'm about to talk about, but I'm also sure you'll enjoy it nonetheless. Last weekend, a good friend of mine's band, Internal Fear, played their farewell show, and it was quite possibly the best local show I've ever been to. For the past few years, Internal Fear lead the pack as one of Delaware's best unsigned death metal bands, constantly playing shows with signed bands to energetic crowds. Unfortunately this was too good to last, so the guys decided to go out on a high note and play one last show in Newark, DE, at a small bar called Mojo Main. By the time Internal Fear took the stage there were easily a hundred kids packed into a room the size of a large living room, and they tore the place apart. All night there were huge pits, singalongs and even a crowd surfer, and although everyone was sad to see them go (especially myself, I'm good friends with all of them and have been going to their shows religiously for two years), it was an absolute blast. Check out the following video for their last song "The Burning Grounds" for a taste of what it was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20sOg_qB9E&feature=player_embedded#


Damn, that riff in the very beginning is just sexy. You can't really see the pit, but take my word for it, it got pretty nuts. Even the girls were kicking people's asses. No dancers, no douchebags, no rude drunks (there were plenty of drunks, but they were the funny kind), just cool people having a good time; that's exactly what a show should be like every time. I've seen some of the best shows I've ever seen with these guys, so obviously I'm sad that I won't be able to see them anymore, but I'll still have the memories.

-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment