Monday, March 28, 2011

Two for one special: new vids from Protest the Hero & Wormrot

I was going to do two separate articles for these two videos, but then I got to thinking, why not be lazy and efficient? After all, this is 'MERICA! So just for you, we have two brand spanking new music videos from two bands that are both great, if for completely different reasons. First up, fresh off their newest release Scurrilous, we have mathcore maniacs Protest the Hero giving us the track "C'est la Vie". Everything sounds like Fortress 2, but that's not a bad thing at all. In fact, that's actually what most of us were secretly hoping for in the first place. There's not much else I can say, the shit pretty much speaks for itself, so here it is, courtesy of Metalsucks.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/28/exclusive-video-premiere-protest-the-heros-cest-la-vie/

And next, all the way from good old, uh, Singapore, we are also very excited to announce the release of a new video from one of my favorite grindcore bands, Wormrot. Their last album, 2009's Abuse, was some of the most top quality grind my friends and I have ever heard, and with the release of their last couple of new songs, we felt confident that the new album was going to be just as good. Unfortunately we still have to wait until May 3rd to know for sure, but in the meantime the band have released the first official video from the album, for the song "Spot a Pathetic", and it's just as Wormrot-esque as the others. Obviously this is a good thing, so see for yourself below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGLXau0RVQ

The live footage just reminds me that the Philly show for these guys on their upcoming tour is 21 and over, so I won't be able to go. Note to booking agents: just because someone's too young to drink doesn't mean they don't listen to the bands you're booking. There needs to be more all age shows, dammit! I'm almost 21 so this isn't going to be a problem for me much longer, but I promise you I'm not the only one, and there will always be more with the next generation. Take that to heart, people. That's all for tonight, be safe and stay brutal.

Yes, I know that's a contradiction, get over it.
-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment