Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Underground Band of the Day: Bitterness Exhumed

So we received an email from a friend of a member of Massacre the Wasteland pointing us in the direction of his band, Bitterness Exhumed. Now, I'm not as much of a fan of this band as I am of Massacre the Wasteland, but they definitely are worth a listen. One thing that might be a deterrent for a lot of people is the hardcore style the band takes. Just take a listen for yourself on the band's Bandcamp page. The vocal style is distinctly hardcore, but it's not too "tough guy" to make it unlistenable. Also, I'm really digging the song structure and production, both of which are top notch. The only real problems I have are the gang chants that are scattered throughout the songs, the effects on the vocals here and there, and the presence of of breakdowns. Now, breakdowns aren't all that bad if used in moderation, and since there's only one in the first song it's done pretty tastily, so I can't really complain.

All in all, Bitterness Exhumed is pretty rad band. Their debut should be coming out in the coming months on Ecocentric records, and I advise you check it out. It also wouldn't hurt to support the band on facebook, where you can listen to three of their songs as well... I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment