Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Video You Won't Hate Most of the Day 4/5/11

Well, aside from the fact that Decapitated have apparently put the finishing touches on their album (which is of course awesome), today has been a pretty slow news day, so I think it's time to resurrect something we haven't done in a while. This is a video I came across a few years ago in my high school days, and last night I happened across it again, and it was just as funny as it was then, and now that I have the means to share it with the world I think I'll do just that. The video in question is an extremely tongue-in-cheek yet somewhat accurate explanation and demonstration of the unspoken "rules" of metal. I might be giving it too much credit, but I actually find this video to be a very witty satire of our community, a way to have a laugh at ourselves and remember not to take ourselves TOO seriously; kind of like Metalocalypse, except much less elaborate and over the top. And with puppets. In any case, here it is, Ed's Furry Fucking Guide To Metal, enjoy. Apologies in advance for the Polish (I think) subtitles, I couldn't find any videos without them that weren't reversed.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXz7PHkRLgQ

Like I said, genius. If you liked what you saw there is a whole YouTube series dedicated to Fat Ed and his puppet buddies, and while I'm pretty sure none of the other episodes relate to metal, the ones that I have seen are just as funny as this one, so check them out. Tune in for more, and shoot us an email if you know something interesting that's going on that we may have missed. Like I said, it's been a slow day. Take care, folks.

-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment