Monday, January 10, 2011

Video You Won't Hate Most of the Day

It should be fairly obvious at this point that I'm slightly gay for Devourment; after all, my pseudonym is The Baby Killer. As such, I thought we could kick off the week with a live video of the band playing the very song that is my namesake at the 2009 Mountains of Death Festival in Switzerland. Now bear in mind, I picked this video for two specific reasons. First of all, it shows how ungodly Devourment is live, and second, while the bassist is busy fiddling with his equipment to get it working, frontman Mike Majewski talks to the crowd and expresses his own distaste for hardcore dancing. So to recap: Devourment is brutal as fuck, they're amazing live, and they hate hardcore kids too. Sold! Get to watchin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJk0CpY2A2c

Don't worry, my face hurt after the first time too. Devourment's discography is available through Relapse Records, and if you don't already own it, then give yourself a good smack upside the head and get it. Give us a comment or two, and stay tuned for more later.

-BK

No comments:

Post a Comment